Here's what the Zombie Chicken Award is all about:
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all...
I don't want to incur the wrath of the zombie chickens, so here are the
five six blogs English Wilderness is nominating for the Zombie Chicken Award:
- The Everyday Adventurer: Ratty takes us on a daily ramble along nature trails and through wild places. One of the few blogs I read every day.
- A Postcard a Day: Sheila takes her readers on a journey around the world in postcards. I love to see how places looked years ago in the old pictures.
- TechTinkering: Lawrence specialises in retro computing, programming and classic games. Never fails to provide something interesting to think about.
- Bill the Lizard: Bill's blog investigates programming and mathematical curiosities, challenging us to solve some intriguing puzzles along the way.
- The Virtual Dime Museum: Lidian explores quirky, interesting scraps of history, specialising in the Victorian era. Always entertaining.
- Beloved Eleanor: Alison posts a compelling mix of history, books and movies.
Origins of the Zombie Chicken Award
I thought it would be interesting to track back the Zombie Chicken Award to where it first began. I followed the links from blog to blog before reaching a dead end. On another blog I found a new lead, one which would eventually lead me to two blogs, Presenting Lenore and Alea's Pop Culture Junkie.
On 22 March, Alea presented the award to Lenore, and Lenore presented the award to Alea. Highly suspicious! Lenore later confirmed I'd discovered the origin of the zombie chicken and the artwork was created by her husband Daniel. The original artwork is on Daniel's Daily Drawings. Thanks guys for creating such a cool award. :-)