As usual I've tried to trace both awards back to their origin. Unfortunately I reached a dead end on both counts. After following the links for the Sunshine Award I reached a dead end at Counting Coconuts in January 2010. I managed a little further for the Beautiful Blogger Award, finally reaching a post on Rose of Sharon in February 2008.
The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity & creativity inspires others in the blogworld. The Beautiful Blogger Award is for creativity, originality, and overall contribution to the blogging community. Here are the rules for the awards:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Nominate 12 of your favourite blogs for the award.
- Share 7 interesting things about yourself.
Here are my twelve nominees:
- My Quality Day
- The Everyday Adventurer
- The Virtual Dime Museum
- Beloved Eleanor
- The Ancient Digger
- Dark Novels
- Poetic Shutterbug
- Emm in London
- A Postcard a Day
- My Journey
- Dance of Dreams
- Red Pine Mountain
Now for 7 things about myself:
- I'm obsessed with collecting things: retro computers, series of books, even photos of bugs! If I can find a list I love to tick everything off.
- Apart from nature photography I'm interested exploring caves, computer programming, early British history, hiking and text adventure games.
- I love reading gothic and dystopian novels. A few of my favourites include The Wanting Seed, The Lair of the White Worm and Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- The scariest thing I remember is waking up in a cave one night and seeing something lurking in the shadows.
- I feel sorry for ugly teddy bears and often end up buying them.
- I started writing a children's book 19 years ago and I still haven't finished.
- I'm hopeless at playing musical instruments but that doesn't stop me trying ;-)
Thanks again to Mom to the Power of Three for the award.